At Chatt Soil we strive to provide the easiest delivery experience possible for your bulk material needs. Below is a list of vital details to consider before placing a delivery.
While Chatt Soil is excited to offer deliveries year-round, the seasons significantly impacts our fulfillment abilities. For this reason, we separate the year into two periods, or seasons:
- On-season (Summer): APRIL – SEPTEMBER
- Off-season (Winter): OCTOBER – MARCH
FAILURE TO PREPARE SITE WILL IMPACT OUR ABILITY TO FULFILL YOUR ORDER. UNDELIVERABLE, OR REJECTED, LOADS ARE SUBJECT TO RESTOCKING/RESHIPPING FEE OF $250 OR 25% OF YOUR ORDER (WHICHEVER IS GREATER).
- Location MUST be clearly marked or described in detail within the delivery instructions accompanying your order.
- Product placement or dump site MUST be prepared the prior to your delivery.
- Free of obstructions and impediments such as: vehicles, RVs, toys, etc.
- Access to space must be unobstructed and meet the Clearance requirements provided below.
- Soil, Compost, and Dirt materials are stored uncovered and exposed to the elements. Due to their moisture holding characteristics they will remain wet for a day or so after a rainfall.
- When these products are wet, they (A) become heavier, and (B) become difficult, and even impossible, to dump.
- For these reasons, Chatt Soil requires 1 to 2 days drying time during the Summer, following any rainfall for delivery.
- During Winter, deliveries may become delayed significantly, and certain materials are unavailable locally.
- Due to safety and damage concerns, there are no off-pavement deliveries during Winter; as there is a high probability that trucks will get stuck- potentially damaging equipment, and/or your yard and landscaping.
- In the Summer, we require 2-3 days of dry sunny weather prior to off-pavement deliveries.
Large Delivery Access & Clearances
- Over Head Clearances: Our largest trucks dump bed raises to 35 feet in height when dumping. To successfully place materials in your preferred dumping location there must not be any tree limbs, powerlines, or other obstructions in the way. Should these items exist, our drivers will work with you to identify an alternative location.
- Width Clearances: Trucks require 12 feet in width to safely maneuver into residential areas or job sites. In the event, your project is in a tight or restricted access area, please contact our team directly to discuss your options.
- Structures: Dumping locations must be greater than 10 feet from any buildings or structures
- Slope: Due to the significant weight of these vehicles and the materials provided: products must be dumped on flat ground, and must not involve steep hills or slope.
- Chatt Soil is not liable for any cracking of driveways, curbs, bridges, coverts, or roadways.
- When delivering off-pavement, Chatt Soil is not liable any damage which may occur, including but not limited to: landscaping, irrigation systems (or sprinklers), water pipes, or any equivalent underground utility.
- All deliveries are provided at the driver’s discretion to ensure their safety and the preservation of our vehicles.